- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth vegetable broth fine too
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped in 1 1/2″ chunks
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery sliced thinly
- 14.5 ounces stewed tomatoes
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
In a large pot add the olive oil over medium heat then add in the onions and garlic, onion and cook until the onions are see through, about 3-5 minutes.