- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 2 lbs of Ground Beef
- 4 Tbsp Sofrito
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Goya Adobo
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 egg
- 1.5 Tbsp Butter
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks
- Boil the potatoes for 15 – 20 minutes until they are soft enough to mash
- While potatoes are boiling, cook meat with sofrito, 1 tsp salt, garlic powder, tomato paste, and Adobo. Cook until fully cooked. Taste and add more salt if needed
- Mash potatoes with butter and 1/2 tsp of salt. Taste and more salt or add black pepper if you want.
- Let potatoes cool a little then add arrowroot and egg to potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Take a heaping 1/4 cup of potatoes and form a flat circle in your palm. Then add about 1.5 tbsp of meat to the center. Form potato around the meat carefully. Dust with arrowroot powder and place it on a plate. (Note – I usually have to quickly rinse my hands in between making each one or else they start to stick to my hands as I make them. )
- Repeat until all potatoes are used up. Place potato balls in the refrigerator to firm up.
- Remove from refrigerator and grease a cupcake or muffin pan. Fill the pan with the potato balls. Spray avocado oil, coconut oil, or any cooking spray on the potato balls.
- Cook at 375°F for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and flip each potato ball carefully. Then cook for another 15 minutes. You may need to push them in the mold after you flip. That is ok. They won’t be ruined.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with salsa, guacamole, or a spicy mayo!